We did not get a chance to polish the topsides when we did our short-haul this spring so I opted to do the polishing at the dock. I rigged up my Makita 9227 buffer on a halyard and a 10' length of shock cord so it hung midway thus allowing me to pull down to the WL and also easily lift to the deck joint. Kathy held the dinghy in place while I worked the buffer. I used a blue Presta wool polishing pad with Presta Cutting Creme. We then applied two coats of Collonite paste wax. I feel we did a decent job polishing considering our limitations. When we do a longer haul next year we willn do a more complete job. Now time to polish the cabin sides.